July 27, 2011

Yogi Walnut Spice Crunch Cereal

One morning, wanting to buy something inexpensive for lunch because I hadn't prepared anything at home, I thought to get Whole Soy & Co. soy yogurt which was on sale for $.80 per cup. Wanting something hearty to top my yogurt, I grudgingly turned to granola. Granola is a huge ripoff (I will post about this another day) so it pained my frugal heart to look at that shelf.

And then I saw Yogi Walnut Spice Crunch. At about $5 for the 12-oz box, it was almost a steal as far as granola goes, so I got it. Of course when lunch time came and I took a closer look at the box, I saw that the Walnut Spice Crunch was actually a cereal and not a granola, which explained the price.

Much to my surprise and delight, the Walnut Spice Crunch turned out to look and taste a lot like granola - a really yummy granola. It was crunchy. It was nutty. It was hearty. It was SO delicious. It tasted like chai.

What is your favorite cereal/granola?
What do you like to put on your yogurt?

Vegan on a Shoestring

No comments:

Post a Comment