August 26, 2011

Lettuce Rollups with Hummus

My gas is still off. I hope I don't get a Con-Ed bill this month because this is ridiculous. The super gave me an electric hot plate but it takes foreeever to heat things up. I've been eating a lot of salads, smoothies, and fruits.

I took romaine leaves and topped them with hummus, sprouts, and a beautiful heirloom tomato. The tomato was $3.99 per pound so for the huge tomato it was about $3-4 but it was so worth the splurge. It was the most flavorful, sweet tomato I'd ever had. Heirloom tomatoes and heirloom grape tomatoes have been on sale every week at Whole Foods so I've been indulging. They are so tasty and make my meals a lot more special. 


Do you ever use dips on lettuce instead of bread, or on sliced veggies instead of chips? What is your favorite combination? 

Vegan on a Shoestring

No comments:

Post a Comment