August 27, 2011

Farm Sanctuary - Walk for Farm Animals

I am participating in Farm Sanctuary's "Walk for Farm Animals" this fall. Please support the life-saving protection of abused farm animals by donating on my page. All donations go directly to Farm Sanctuary. It only takes pennies a day to keep an animal safe and happy, so whether you are able to donate $1, $10, $20, or more, an animal at the sanctuary will feel your generosity every new peaceful day he/she lives.


If you donate $10 by midnight on Friday 9/2 I'll hand-draw you a 4x6 picture of your favorite animal. I'm no artist, but I promise to imbue the drawing with love and good wishes! When you make your donation, please let your e-mail address be visible to me, and I will e-mail you and ask for your mailing address and an animal of your choice.

Don't have any cash to donate? Take one day next week and skip the take-out for lunch. Make a PB& J instead, take the $5-$10 you saved, and donate it. I have lots of other money-saving tips on my donation page. 


I also want to stress this: I strongly believe that no matter what lifestyle you're currently choosing to live, donating to Farm Sanctuary (or any other animal welfare organization) does not make you a hypocrite. I don't care if you eat meat and cheese every day, supporting the cause is a generous gesture and a big help to protect animals. You would be raising awareness and actively doing something to help, and that is more than other people will do.


Thank you for your generosity.

Vegan on a Shoestring

No comments:

Post a Comment