Jerk Tempeh Spread/Salad/Filling
- 4 ounces (half a package) tempeh, steamed (or, microwaved in a bowl of water for a few minutes)
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I used original Vegenaise)
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning, or to taste (I used Grace brand hot seasoning, from the jar)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (you can use Annie's brand)
- salt to taste (I didn't add any because the jerk and worcestershire were salty enough)
I used the spread on multigrain bread with avocado, green tomato, and chopped onion. It was good the first time, but much much better the second time after the spread had been chilling overnight and the flavors had developed.
What kind of flavors do you like in a sandwich? Smoky, spicy, sour, salty, sweet...?
Vegan on a Shoestring