November 7, 2011

Creamy Chive Mashed Cauliflower

A few years ago I made the non-vegan version of this dish and someone who hates cauliflower really liked it. It tastes like a sour cream and chive baked potato. The vegan version is omni-approved too.

Steam a head of cauliflower until tender, and mash with cream cheese (I used Tofutti "Better Than Cream Cheese") to desired richness (I used about 6 ounces for my taste), then add chives (I used 3 tablespoons of dried chives), garlic powder (I used about a teaspoon of it, just to add a little sumthin sumthin), salt and pepper to taste. I know it sounds weird that you only add cream cheese, but trust me, you've got to fight the urge to add Earth Balance or almond milk because they will not get absorbed and will just make your cauliflower watery and gross. Cream cheese only. I promise it works.


How do you like to make cauliflower?


Vegan on a Shoestring

No comments:

Post a Comment