December 28, 2011

Candy Cane Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels

I put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Then I put candy canes in a sandwich bag and crushed them with the bottom of a pint glass (classy!) and put them in a wide, shallow container. Then I melted some chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave. I coated each pretzel with chocolate, shook off the excess or wiped any drips with a spatula, then held it over the candy cane container where I liberally sprinkled the candy cane crumbs on, then laid it on the baking sheet. When the sheet was full, I put it in the fridge until the chocolate solidified, about 15 minutes. I repeated until I reached the desired amount of pretzels. One bag of chocolate chips was juuust enough to coat half a pound of pretzels (I was scraping the bowl of chocolate with a silicone spatula), and 9 crushed candy canes was enough to stick to the chocolate.

These might look really candy-caney, but they were not overly minty at all. The saltiness, sweetness and minty-ness were perfectly balanced.

What sweet treats do you enjoy this time of year?


Vegan on a Shoestring

No comments:

Post a Comment